Aug 3, 2015

Street workout routine working on almost every muscle of the upper body.

Hi guys.

It's almost 6 P.M. here and i am listening to some heavy dubstep with my earphones to get pumped for my evening workout.

This is the routine i'll be following today. I found that the exercises , the sequence, the sets and the reps are working really well for me but i can't promise you that they will do the same for you. I'll write more on that later.

I begin at home with eating a banana and drinking 2 gr. of coffee mixed with very little amount of water - i want it to be concentrated as much as it can be. I suggest that you don't try that if you are inexperienced because it might cause you problems. 20 minutes from that i get a burst of energy, my body is shaking and shivering and if i don't start my workout by then i become hyperactive.

I'll begin with quick warm-up for the joints - arm rotation forwards and backwards to warm the scapular joints, arms rotation from the elbow to warm up the elbow joints and wrist rotations to warm up the wrist joints. Bend forward, backwards and sideways to warm up the core and the lower back. Just make sure to warm up every possible joint in your body no matter what part you are training.

1st exercise: Wide grip pull-ups

Do them in 4 to 5 sets with 6 to 8 reps. In fact i do all of my exercises like that. Just make sure you do them CLEAN. Only allow forced reps in your last or last 2 sets only and for the last 2 to 3 reps. You're not hacking the system by cheating. You're only slowing down your progress as you don't let your primary muscle (lats) do the work.

2nd exercise: Close grip chin-ups

They imply more muscles compared to the pull-ups so i like to do them second because i want all my power to go for the pull-ups. With the chin-ups you are targeting mainly your middle back muscles, anterior delts and of course biceps and brachialis. It is very good exercise for the thickness of the back indeed.

3rd exercise: Close grip horizontal pull up

This is the perfect substitute for the good ol' rowing with barbell. Just without the barbell. They key here is to try to use mainly your back instead of your arms. It is harder than rowing because you may not be able to use proper form for all the reps. Just stay consistent till you are able to do perfect 8 reps for 4 sets. Then you can add weight or do whatever you want to stress your muscles further.

By now i got almost all of my back muscles pumped up, as my forearms, biceps, medial and anterior deltoids and of course pretty much the whole core.

4th exercise: Hindu push-up

Google or Youtube them. They are pretty hard if you're not used to them. Consistency is the key. Even i am not able to complete 4 sets of 8 reps sometimes. They set my front delts and triceps on fire.

5th exercise: Push-ups.

Not much to explain here. Just use proper form, contract as much as you can those pecs and ignore the 8 reps here. Do them as much as you can - 15 reps, 20 reps, 25 reps, just push yourself as hard as you can.

6th exercise: Dips

Good ol' dips. Good for me and good for you. Real good! They should finish you off. Make sure not to go past parallel to keep those delts safe. Use your triceps to start the motion and at the top squeeze your pecs as hard as you can. Do 8-10 reps.

Core workout:

I finish my workout with some core exercises. I do the following sequence for 3 sets.

Side plank - 30 secs for each side, normal plank for 1 minute then i finish with what is called "The clock" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DPfkvwj5aA) for 8 to 10 reps.
Do this sequence 3 times and your core should scream at you for a rest.


And remember to drink your protein shake after the workout.... or not.

No comments :

Post a Comment